Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Post Your Favorite Music/Video Clips

Re:Post Your Favorite Music/Video Clips 12 years 1 week ago #6590

And now back to more well known musicians. I am not a big Van Halen fan. However this clip displays some really great playing, especially on acoustic guitar, not what you usually see from this band.

• edbird
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Post Your Favorite Music/Video Clips 12 years 1 week ago #6593

Mark Johnson (Steve Martin's banjo teacher) and Emory Lester, a great mando player, performing Ragtime Annie at the South Florida Bluegrass Assoc. festival a few weeks ago.

• Brett
  • Junior Boarder

Re:Post Your Favorite Music/Video Clips 12 years 10 hours ago #6614

Very nice.

Here's a kind of lost crazy great guitar player from the 70's, Roy Buchanan. He was amazing. And the most laid back guy. He looks like he's about to fall asleep while playing with the power and intensity of Hendrix!! He makes it look so easy....

• edbird
  • Platinum Boarder

Re:Post Your Favorite Music/Video Clips 11 years 10 months ago #6724

This is my current earworm. I've been listening to this song/album/band since I was in high school (that was a LONG TIME ago, it was released in 1967) but somehow it got in my head this week and won't leave. Fun guitar chord changes F#m to E9, then Fast G to A ...

The whole album "Forever Changes" is a minor masterpiece, that is mostly forgotten. Here's another great song from the same album with fun guitar and bass parts.

Love had a couple of other albums that had some great songs on them. Arthur Lee, the bandleader, died a few years ago. He had a rough life, jail, etc...but made some fun music. BTW this album was named #40 of Rolling Stone's 500 greatest albums and is in the Grammy Hall of Fame. It is also on several other prominent lists of all time great rock records.
  • edbird
  • Platinum Boarder

Re:Post Your Favorite Music/Video Clips 11 years 8 months ago #6795

Time for a clip. I attended this show this past Saturday night in Tampa. This clip is instructive for several reasons.

One, it is a song that is done in the bluegrass class.

Two, it has all the FM elements of playing in a group. Watch the communication between the group members, using musical phrases as well as nods and gestures throughout.

Three, it's just great to listen to, three sublime musicians.

My favorite band, Hot Tuna, covering "Nine Pound Hammer"

• edbird
  • Platinum Boarder
Last Edit: 11 years 8 months ago by edbird.

Re:Post Your Favorite Music/Video Clips 11 years 5 months ago #7033

Guess I'm the only one posting clips. OK, here go three:

First up, Big Bill Broonzy, one of the earliest great fingerstyle blues players. Rare video footage of this great player.

Next, a more modern guitar wizard. I love this clip, David Bromberg on WFUV public radio in New York City earlier this year. This is just simple, elegant, magnificent performing by a master, covering a lesser known but wonderful Bob Dylan tune, "It Takes A Lot To Laugh, It Takes A Train To Cry"....

And last, since I just returned from Chicago and visited his club and met him, have to have some Buddy Guy covering a John Hiatt song with John Mayer. Just beautiful.

• edbird
  • Platinum Boarder
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds