Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Local Music?

Re:Local Music? 13 years 4 weeks ago #5110

Wylder's at Jupiter Pointe Marina on Hwy 1 in Tequesta. Live music most nights (and sometimes weekend days) they even have a pool to swim in while you eat/listen :)

Tiki 51, just up from Wylder's, music Thurs-Sun evening

Corners on Indiantown in Jupiter. Open Mic on Tues. Music other nights but not sure when.

Sandwater Grill, in same strip shopping area and Radio Shack on Hwy 1 in Tequesta. Music on the weekends and sometimes week nights.

Guanabana's, A1A in Jupiter(across the street from Schooner's) live music on weekends for sure. Sometimes on weeknights. This place can get VERY crowded, but the ambiance is cool.

Lucky's Bar and Grill, in the Publix shopping center on West Indiantown in Jupiter Farms. They have groups in on some week nights and an open jam on Sunday afternoon (I think it's Sunday for the jam, but might call to verify)

Uncle Mick's in same shopping center as Panera Bread on Indiantown. Live music Thurs-Sun.

Rooney's in Abacoa. Live music Thurs-Sat. Nice to sit outside and people watch here.

Sailfish Marina on Singer Island. Live music on Tues nights. The food in the main restaurant part is pricey here, but if you request to eat at the bar or outside tables, (where the music is) you can ask for "the sandwich menu" (MUCH cheaper!) they usually have a little craft fair type thing going on too. Love being able to watch and feed the fish off their dock. It's like a big ol' aquarium!!!

I've been to all of these places except Lucky's and Uncle Mick's. I liked them all, but it doesn't take much to amuse me. You might want to call ahead to check and see who/what type of music is being played the night you want to go.
  • luthierlady
Last Edit: 13 years 4 weeks ago by luthierlady.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Local Music? 13 years 3 weeks ago #5121

I love seeing Amber Leigh at Rooney's. She's a fiddler!
  • mompodell
  • Gold Boarder

Re:Local Music? 13 years 3 weeks ago #5123

I understand that she also gives lessons, if you are interested.B)
  • screendude
  • Gold Boarder
Last Edit: 13 years 3 weeks ago by screendude.

Re:Local Music? 10 years 11 months ago #7289

I ran into this local band twice by accident within the past month. If you are in love with Mumford & Sons ( as I have been for the past 6 months) then you won't be disappointed. The KillBillies practically play every instrument- banjo, mandolin, harmonica, feet bass drums, & acoustics. Several at the same time. I caught them yesterday at The Square Grouper in Jupiter. Only intended to stay for a beer or two but was so impressed by their variety of covers ( and some of their own songs) 2.5 hours drifted by. Some of the covers that were toe tapping and air guitar inspiring : Grateful Dead, Johnny Cash, Mumford & Sons, Phillip Phillips, The Lumineers etc etc. Some great folk stuff in there too. You can't beat the view of the lighthouse, the eclectic crowd that strolls in and out, and of course, feeling like you are sitting plop in the middle of Jimmy Buffets life.:)
  • Ear logic
  • Fresh Boarder

Re:Local Music? 10 years 11 months ago #7290

OMGoodness!! My brother's old teacher is the mando/banjo player in the Kill Billies!!! I've never gotten a chance to hear them play in person, but they definitely sound awesome and Micah is certainly a wonderful player in his right. They went on an east coast tour last summer and will probably do the same thing again this summer. I think they also play down at Rooney's Public House down in Abacoa as well.:)

I've always thought it would be funn to get to play in a band like that. One of my long term goals I guess. :) Perhaps one day. Maybe in or after college. But, for now...;)
  • God bless the USA!
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Proud to be an American! God Bless the USA!!!
The Land of the free. The home of the brave.

Leviticus 25:10 \"...proclaim liberty throughout the land and to all of the inhabitants thereof...\"

..¸•*¨¯¨*•¸....¸•*¨¯¨*•¸God Bless
((....*•-•*¸*¸•*•-•*...))America
..*•.,¸_¸,.•´*.¸_¸,.•´Land that I love......
Last Edit: 10 years 11 months ago by God bless the USA!.

Re:Local Music? 10 years 11 months ago #7298

Wow, small world that's pretty awesome for your brother! I'm pretty sure now that u mentioned Rooney's... That was the other place we caught them. Catch them if you can well worth the time spent listening! Hey, you could get into a band in college or be your own! TONS of opportunities there!
  • Ear logic
  • Fresh Boarder
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds