What you know - My Banjo Is Playable Now 2 Years ago
On a previous post I mentioned that after many "tweeks" the action on my Deering Sierra was way off and needed professional help. I adjusted it (again this weekend) and it turned out pretty good. Before starting the work, I studied some instructions downloaded from the Web that were very helpful.
I have adjusted my coordinator rods several times on 2 Banjos. I thought I knew what I was doing but I found a flaw in my approach. Without getting too detailed I successfully adjusted my "beater" banjo, an Epiphone several years ago and have pretty much applied that initial adjustment technique to my Deering and it never turned out right. Moral of the story, each Banjo is unique and requires specific adjustments based on the condition that one is trying to correct.